Hi to all fellow crafters'

I have only recently started to blog more seriously than I did previously, hope you like what you see. :) If you would like more information on a particular project please ask and I will see what I can do. I have now started doing challenges, I will hopefully be doing one every month. To go direct to my challenges please click on the link from the right. Hope you can join in I would love to see your creations. x


PLEASE NOTE that new challenges, winners and previous winners can now be found at the top of the page.

Followers

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Blue Christmas

This is my sample card for MTTC blog challenge. The set theme is Christmas in August, I like more traditional colour when it comes to Christmas so thought blue was a good starting point. On my A5 base card I randomly stamped snowflakes. My first layer was then a smaller piece of decorative paper to which I added script stamped image. After inking the edges of a frame and adding little stamped stars to decorate I then placed it over the script using foam pads to give more dimension. My top layer is also a stamp, I stamped this in blue to contrast with the decorative paper, I then layered it onto mirror board and cut around leaving a small border. To finish I added card candy and a sentiment.
Thank you for taking the time to view my blog, all comments and followers are much appreciated x

31 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is stunning. Loving the design and those baubles are fabulous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Sheila, I loved this one when I first saw it on the MTTC blog. I really like blue as a Christmas colour.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Sheila. Love that you have chosen blue, and your layout and design are beautiful.
    Thanks for the lovely comments you leave me
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for you comment Eileen, always a pleasure to leave you comments as your work is gorgeous. I need some practise on my colouring as I want to be as good as you one day lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, i love blue Christmas cards x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Sheila, lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card Sheila, l love blues too, good luck with the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Kathy, though not a challenge it's a sample as I am on their design team x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card mate. Like the layout and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh Sheila, love all the stamping and the cool blue colour.
    Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful . I love "blue christmas " cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card - I like blue for christmas cards - think it makes a nice change from red and green! Love the layout too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely Sheila, love blue on Christmas cards xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous hun, love the blue, looks fab!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Caroline, Purplekt22, Zoe and Shell for all you lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the simple elegance of this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card! Love the Lo and how you created the background with stamps.
    Hugs,
    Julia, MTTC DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card Sheila - my favourite christmas colour combo x

    ReplyDelete