Hi to all fellow crafters'

I have only recently started to blog more seriously than I did previously, hope you like what you see. :) If you would like more information on a particular project please ask and I will see what I can do. I have now started doing challenges, I will hopefully be doing one every month. To go direct to my challenges please click on the link from the right. Hope you can join in I would love to see your creations. x


PLEASE NOTE that new challenges, winners and previous winners can now be found at the top of the page.

Followers

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Sweet 16

My daughter wanted a card for a friend who was going to be 16, she asked me for something special and in blue. This is what I came up with, my daoughter loved it so hope her friends does too. I started off with an 8x8 card, I then started to make my matts. Firstly I chose some pale blue card and layered it with paper  from one of my Nitwit collections as always leaving a small border. I then used two contrasting papers from the same collection to create smaller matts, layering onto the same blue card used for the large layer. It is hard to see in this picture but I did ink the edges of all the layers with distress ink. Once I had placed the two smaller matts onto the larger one I then made a decorative border using one of Martha Stewart's punches, this was then layered onto blue card. I added ribbon to my border before mounting it onto the other layers then placed the whole thing onto my base card. The image used is a digi image sorry don't rememebr where I got it, I coloured using spectrum noir pens. To make the flowers I used a two Marriane dies and before removing from the die I inked them with the same distress inks I used on the edges of the card. I then stamped out the numbers from my Dimension stamps onto one of the papers used in one of the matts. To finish I added the flowers, a bow and a few gems. This card is my sample for MTTC Milestone Birthday blog challenge
Thank you for taking the time to view my blog, all comments and followers welcome x

32 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila, Gorgeous card! Love the papers and great layout. Glad your daughter likes it ... i'm sure her friend will too :-)

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love this one Sheila. Great choice of colours and papers and you layout and design are beautiful.
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lisa and Eileen for your lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Sheila, I love those backing papers, looks like they are a favorite with you. A great layout for this too.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sue, yes they are well for now anyway Lol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, our cards are for the same age, but ohhh so different lol!
    Love it, great layout & soft colours!

    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card Sheila. love all the different papers you've used to mat & layer x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely card Sheila, love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Barbara and Kadnis for your lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful card Shila, love all the layers you've created and such a pretty blue, I'm sure your daughters friend will adore it! Who wouldn't? Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Zoe, my duaghters friend loved it especially since blue is her favourite colour x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Sheila. I love the beautiful image and the papers. I am sure your daughter's friend will love it.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is beautiful . I think your Daughters friend is going to love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Linda and Caroline for your lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fab Sheila the layout is just perfect - I love all the embellies - my favourite --MTTC DT card this week! X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Judith for the wonderful comment x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card hun, love the papers, design everything xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, I love the papers you have used xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, this is so sweet! love the colors.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this sweet card...really cute image and lovely colours.
    Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card Sheils, lovely image and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous, sometimes 8" x 8" can be hard to fill but you did it perfectly.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete