Hi to all fellow crafters'

I have only recently started to blog more seriously than I did previously, hope you like what you see. :) If you would like more information on a particular project please ask and I will see what I can do. I have now started doing challenges, I will hopefully be doing one every month. To go direct to my challenges please click on the link from the right. Hope you can join in I would love to see your creations. x


PLEASE NOTE that new challenges, winners and previous winners can now be found at the top of the page.

Followers

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Little boy blue


I was asked by a neighbour to make two cards, 1 for her daughter who had just had a baby boy and the other was to give to her grandson so he didn't feel left out. As I wasn't very busy I set to work, my first card is an 8x8 and started off with a mirror board matt to which I added some gingham paper leaving a small border. I then made another matt and layered it with stripe paper again leaving a border, I turned down one corner  and placed a small piece of ribbon in the top left corner of the small matt before adding a nested shape. I then stamped my image from the new swalk range and coloured with spectrum noirs. I then cut the image with a smaller nested shape and layered it onto the first. To finish I added a sentiment, bow and some gems.

My second card was a 6x6 and as I usually do I made a matt and layered it with some patterened paper with a small border left. I stamped my image which was also from the swalk range and after colouring it  and rounding the corners I placed it onto a blue matt. I made a small matt and also layered it with the same patterned paper used on the main card. I then layered all onto my base card and added the sentiment and rosette to finish.
Thank you for taking the time to view my blog, all comments apprreciated x

18 comments:

  1. They are both Adorable :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards Sheila, great idea with the Number One Brother.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are lovely cards Sheila, lovely layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your neighbour is going to love these two cute cards Sheila. The baby is lovely and his brother is really going to think he is No.1
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Tracy, Sue, Kandy and Eileen for all your lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards I love the designs and the images are so cute.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoops forgot to leave a comment! Cute cards Sheila, fab job colouring in too! Now a new follower!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw! These are so lovely Sheila, both lovely images and great layouts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally cute cards. Beautiful. I have become a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards Sheila as always, lovely idea so that the grandson doesn't feel left out.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Cliona and Kathy for your lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards as usual Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two gorgeous cards - lovely colouring - I bet they were loved! :)

    Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete